New Horizon’s Learning Center
Behavior for School Success
1. Good attendance
2. Use cell phones/electronic only in designated phone areas listed below;
- In the cafeteria during breakfast (All Students).
- In the cafeteria during lunch (All Students).
- During any Teacher’s class that allows you to use it.
· Phone restrictions will be enforced by the classroom staff. Failure to adhere to the directions of the classroom staff will result in Administration involvement, which will result in the phone being confiscated for 2 or more periods instead a single period.
Remember all phones/electronics must be put on vibrate and placed in your pockets/binders before leaving each designated area.
NOTE: You cannot use your phones in any other areas on the campus except those listed above. If phones are caught being used in unauthorized areas, phone restrictions will be given.
3. Report promptly (on time) to class and remain in assigned area (walking out of class is an automatic violation of school rules and all students, that violate that rule, will be given lunch detention)
· Enter school/class have a willing mindset to learn (apply yourself)
· Bring school supplies (pencil, pens, paper, binders, tables, etc.)
· Complete all assignments
· Comply with all school/classroom rules (without argument or defiance).
6. Target Goals (develop strategies to correct targeted behaviors).
7. Avoid cursing staff (directly or indirectly).
8. Respect staff, peers, and others (NO: Profanity, sarcasm, yelling, inappropriate noises, bullying, or etc.
9. Respect school property (NO: throwing chairs, desk, or breaking objects)
10. Avoid emotional outburst or temper tantrums
· Avoid disrupting/disturbing the learning process of others
· Deal with conflict responsibly (once incident is over “move on”)