The Communications Technology Academy, or ComTech, is a four-year academic program at Rutherford High School that combines career and technical education with content area learning. ComTech students use the skills they learn in their technology and television production classes to create innovative presentations and projects in their English and social studies classes, projects like webpages, digital photo collages, brochures, short videos and public service announcements, memes, and more!
ComTech students have the opportunity to enroll in honors classes and dual enrollment courses (college courses through Gulf Coast State College). ComTech students also earn industry certifications in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe, Dreamweaver, and Adobe Premier. Furthermore, during students' senior year, they have the opportunity to explore a prospective career by interning at local business for 6-8 weeks. Students regularly intern at businesses, such as WMBB, The News Herald, and Les Films. By offering rigorous courses that focus on problem solving and team work, ComTech strives to produce students who are critical thinkers, creators, and collaborators.
Would You Enjoy...
- Pursuing a career in any of the following: advertising, animation, public relations, computer graphics, journalism, broadcasting, web-page design, or computer maintenance?
- Using computers, the internet, and other technology on a daily basis?
- Being a part of the program that produces the morning announcements, yearbook, newspaper, and magazine?
- Interning at places such as Channel 7 and 13 news stations, the News Herald, and many other exciting places?
- Having fun and learning at the same time?
If you answered YES to these questions, the Communications Technology Academy is the program for YOU!
For more information please contact Lin Byrd at firstname.lastname@example.org .