The mission of Rutherford High School is to provide a diverse student body with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in an increasingly complex and technological society. To this end, the administration, faculty, and staff, in cooperation with the parents and community will provide a rigorous and relevant curriculum, challenging students to become productive, responsible, and accountable members of society in pursuit of excellence and integrity.
We at Rutherford believe that:
- All students can learn, achieve and succeed.
- Students, teachers, and staff are entitled to a safe, clean environment conducive to teaching and learning.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, students and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Offering a challenging relevant curriculum that involves all students will prepare them to succeed in a global, multicultural society.
- Maintaining partnerships with parents, community agencies, and local businesses will enhance the total educational experience.
- Students benefit from a small community of learners and educators committed to professional growth, educational innovation, and technological advancement.
- All stakeholders are responsible to nurture an environment of mutual trust and respect.